- Please use the links NOW AVAILABLE to submit abstracts for the 89th Symposium.
- Exhibitor Prospectus NOW AVAILABLE. Book your space before it's too late!
- Hotel reservation block now OPEN!
89th Shock and Vibration Symposium
November 4 - 8, 2018 | Dallas, Texas
The annual Shock and Vibration Symposium is the leading forum for the structural dynamics and vibration community to present and discuss new developments and on-going research. The Symposium was established in 1947 and typically includes both unclassified (unlimited and limited distribution) and classified sessions. Topics covered at the symposium include shock-ship testing, water shock, weapons effects (air blast, ground shock, cratering, penetration) shock physics, earthquake engineering, structural dynamics, and shock and vibration instrumentation and experiment techniques. Over 200 technical papers are typically presented. Panel discussions address topics such as new software developments or accelerometer isolation problems. Tutorials provide up-to-date technology overviews by leading specialists.
HI-TEST Laboratories is responsible for all planning and operational aspects of the symposium.
This will be HI-TEST's 17th consecutive year of running the annual Shock and Vibration Symposium.
November 4 - 8, 2018
Hyatt Regency Dallas
300 Reunion Blvd
Dallas, TX 75207
We are now accepting technical content for the upcoming 89th Shock and Vibration Symposium. Please use the links below to submit abstracts.
- General Abstract - Please use this link to submit abstracts for papers to be included in general sessions (not affiliated with Dedicated Sessions).
- Dedicated Session Abstract - Please use this link if your presentation has been pre-arranged by a session organizer to be a part of a session that is dedicated to a particular topic.
- Tutorial Abstract - a tutorial is a 3-hour college level presentation that seeks to further educate attendees in specific areas of shock and vibration
- Training Abstract - a 45-minute to 90-minute college level presentation that seeks to introduce people to a subject they are not familiar with.
- Discussion Group Abstract - A discussion group is a 60 - 120 minute informal meeting of people interested in the topic up for discussion
- Meeting Abstract - Meetings can be informal or formal meetings of people interested in a specific topic. You must provide a short paragraph (see below) descripion of the topic and meeting for inclusion in the program, and then come to the symposium with an agenda to lead the meeting. Meetings can be restricted attendance (with approval) or unrestricted attendance.
- Panel Abstract - Panels shall consist of 3-6 persons to serve on the panel. Panels shall have an organizer and chair, and the panel shall address a topic of great interest to numerous symposium attendees.
The Exhibitor Prospectus is now available. We look forward to another excellent event. Please secure your exhibit space before our Exhibit Hall sells out!