- The Preliminary Program (agenda) is AVAILABLE!
- Registration is OPEN!
- Don't forget to submit paperwork for Limited Distribution Sessions!
- Online Hotel Booking STILL AVAILABLE!
88th Shock and Vibration Symposium
October 15 - 19, 2017 | Jacksonville, Florida
The annual Shock and Vibration Symposium is the leading forum for the structural dynamics and vibration community to present and discuss new developments and on-going research. The Symposium was established in 1947 and typically includes both unclassified (unlimited and limited distribution) and classified sessions. Topics covered at the symposium include shock-ship testing, water shock, weapons effects (air blast, ground shock, cratering, penetration) shock physics, earthquake engineering, structural dynamics, and shock and vibration instrumentation and experiment techniques. Over 200 technical papers are typically presented. Panel discussions address topics such as new software developments or accelerometer isolation problems. Tutorials provide up-to-date technology overviews by leading specialists.
HI-TEST Laboratories is responsible for all planning and operational aspects of the symposium.
This will be HI-TEST's 16th consecutive year of running the annual Shock and Vibration Symposium.
VENUE AND EVENT SCHEDULE
October 15-19, 2017
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
225 E Coastline Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32202
HURRICANE IRMA UPDATE - THINGS TO KNOW:
- The Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront WILL still host our 2017 event, despite on-going repairs on the lobby/ground level due to flooding from Hurricane Irma. Hotel restaurants and room service will likely not be available during our stay, however, there are several restaurants of varying cost and menu within walking distance to the hotel. Additionally, the Hyatt catering kitchens were unaffected and SAVE will still be providing standard food and beverage events, as advertised in our Preliminary Program.
- All meeting space and guest rooms were uneffected. However, the hotel will likely not be open to the public. Please follow appropriate signage to the designated front desk/registration area upon arrival. All services and facilities including housekeeping, front desk, fitness center, parking garage, elevators, escalators, security, internet/phone, and utilities will be available/operational.
- For the time being, it is recommended that you ONLY use the link below when trying to make reservations using our room block. The published Hyatt reservation toll-free or general online booking site will yield an unsuccessful attempt at booking group rooms as the hotel is still listed as "closed" in the main system. Due to the unforeseen flooding intrusions, the room block has been extended into October (or when full).
The Preliminary Program has been released to include all technical presentations submitted to date.
Please note that the schedule is subject to change. Check back often for updates.
For additional information about the presentations listed in the Symposium Program above, download our ABSTRACT BOOK for a full description of each topic.
PRESENTERS: For information on preparing your technical presentation or final manuscript for publication on the annual Symposium Proceedings, please download the Author's Package HERE.
In order for the Symposium to be a continued success, we depend on the technical contributions of our target audience. If you would still like to submit a presentation/abstract for inclusion into our program, please contact Drew Perkins or Ashley Shumaker at 434.581.3041.
REGISTRATION & FEES
SAVE now offers online registration.
*Please note that credit card information is submitted securely, but is not processed instantly. SAVE personnel will review the charge amount for accuracy before charging the credit card.
LIMITED SESSION ATTENDANCE: The Symposium offers a variation of Limited Distribution topics. In order to attend these restricted sessions, you will be required to complete and return the Security Form.
GUEST PROGRAM ATTENDANCE: All guests of Symposium attendees are welcome to accompany our tour group for two days of exploring Jacksonville and other sights in Northeastern Florida.
- Please download a description of the two tour days HERE.
- Please use the section in our ONLINE FORM link above, or use the Guest Program Registration Form found HERE.
The Exhibitor Prospectus is available here.
- Please take special note of all Corporate Supporter packages, sponsorship options, and other opportunities for company exposure.
- The schedule within the Exhibitor Prospectus, including meal and break times, is largely based on technical content within the Symposium Program and associated meeting room requirements. This schedule is subject to change and will become more solidified as the Preliminary Program is populated with technical presentations.
- Contact Ashley Shumaker at 434.581.3041 with questions about modifying exhibit packages, booth sales, and general exhibit questions.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
|Ice Cream Sponsors:|